Palghar MP violates rules, travels in ladies` railway bogie
Thane: Palghar MP Baliram Jadhav who proudly claimed that the Dahanu-Churchgate suburban local services is his achievement, promptly ended up violating two rules immediately after the Union Railway Minister and Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan inaugurated the service on Tuesday.
Jadhav was all cheers and waved as he travelled standing on the footboard of the train, committing the first violation.
He also set a precedent by travelling in the ladies` bogie of the train from Dahanu and was prominently seen waving at the crowd which cheered him.
The railways kept up its tradition of running late and the suburban local train which was scheduled to leave the station at 10.10 am, ended up leaving only at 10.49 am, almost 30 minutes late.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company