Palghar MP violates rules, travels in ladies` railway bogie
Thane: Palghar MP Baliram Jadhav who proudly claimed that the Dahanu-Churchgate suburban local services is his achievement, promptly ended up violating two rules immediately after the Union Railway Minister and Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan inaugurated the service on Tuesday.
Jadhav was all cheers and waved as he travelled standing on the footboard of the train, committing the first violation.
He also set a precedent by travelling in the ladies` bogie of the train from Dahanu and was prominently seen waving at the crowd which cheered him.
The railways kept up its tradition of running late and the suburban local train which was scheduled to leave the station at 10.10 am, ended up leaving only at 10.49 am, almost 30 minutes late.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali