PM directly responsible for coal scam: Jaitley
Indore: Holding Prime Minister Manmohan Singh "directly responsible" for the Rs 1.86 lakh crore loss estimated by CAG in allocation of coal blocks, the BJP today demanded that he quit his post.
"When 2G scam that cost the exchequer of Rs 1,76,000 crore happened, it was said that then telecom minister A Raja was responsible for it and prime minister might have had an indirect role in it. But in the Rs 1,86,000 crore coal scam, prime minister is directly responsible and therefore he has no right to remain in office even for a day," Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said while addressing a Bhartiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) rally here.
"Of the eight years during which this coal scam took place, the Coal Ministry remained with prime minister for five years," he said, adding the scam has cost the exchequer Rs 10,000 crore more than the 2G scam.
Jaitley said the Centre lacks "credibility" and is unable to take decisions which is evident from many instances of graft coming to light during the UPA rule.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know