Policeman killed in encounter with Maoist guerrillas
Gadchiroli: A policeman attached to the Special Anti-Maoist Squad of the Gadchiroli police was killed in an encounter with the Maoists.
Maoist guerrillas attacked a police party which was returning to Gadchiroli with the bodies of two women Maoists killed in an encounter yesterday, Superintendent of Police Mohamed Suvez Haque told reporters today.
A constable was killed and another was injured in the encounter, the official said.
Meanwhile, two women Maoists killed in the encounter have been identified as Rita Paiku Kodapi, a resident of Mundher in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh and Sarita alias Jyoti Pungati.
Their bodies, which were identified by surrendered Maoists, will be handed over to their relatives after due process, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport