`Probe against Nitesh Rane to be completed by March`
Mumbai: The CBI on Wednesday informed the Bombay
High Court that it would complete its investigation into the
attempt to murder case against Nitesh Rane, son of Maharashtra
Industries minister Narayan Rane, within four weeks and file a
CBI was handed over the probe into the case in March 2011
after the alleged victim, Chintu Shaikh, filed a petition in
the high court, claiming that the police are trying to shield
Nitesh and hence the case should be handed over to an
The probe agency in April last year had registered a case
against Nitesh and others for attempt to murder. However, no
arrests were made till date.
Nitesh is accused of firing at Shaikh, a former member of
his NGO Swabhimaan Sanghatana, in September 2010 at the NGO
office, following a verbal feud.
The high court was also informed today by Shaikh`s lawyer
that he was being threatened by Nitesh`s aides to withdraw the
case and that the police is yet to take a decision on an
application filed by him, seeking protection.
A division bench of Justices V M Kanade and P D Kode
directed the Commissioner of Police and Deputy Commissioner of
Police (Protection) to decide on Shaikh`s application within
On a lighter note, the court suggested Shaikh to join
the opposite political party to put an end to the harassment.
"The only remedy is to join some political party which
believes in retaliatory actions. We don`t want to name the
party," Justice Kanade said.
The court has disposed of Shaikh`s petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly