Raj Thackeray`s anti-migrant slur merits no atten
Mumbai: A day after MNS president Raj Thackeray asked party workers to "teach migrants from other states indulging in crime a lesson", Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil today said such provocation merits no attention.
"Police have better tasks to do than to take note of the statements of such people. The best approach is to ignore them", Patil told reporters while responding to a query whether police will scrutinise the speech made by Raj at a rally in Kolhapur town.
Raj had attacked migrants from other states, saying "if they indulge in crimes here, teach them a lesson".
Patil said that Raj`s speech showed his "true level".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players