Raj warns of riots if leaders continue to provoke
Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj
Thackeray on Thursday said that if north Indian-origin leaders in
Mumbai did not stop making inflammatory statements, there
A war of words has begun after Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam
recently said that north Indians could bring life in Mumbai to
a halt, as they rendered many essential services. Mumbai
Congress chief Kripashankar Singh and Samajwadi Party leader
Abu Azmi too endorsed Nirupam.
"If such statements kept coming from these leaders, riots
will take place," Raj said here today.
Appealing to the state government to rein in the north
Indian leaders, he said that if the situation got out of hand,
it would be government`s responsibility.
Organisation of Chath puja on Mumbai beaches was a show
of strength by the north Indian leaders, he claimed.
Taking a swipe at his estranged cousin, Shiv Sena
executive president Uddhav Thackeray, Raj said that it was
Shiv Sena which made Nirupam big.
"Nirupam was made big by Uddhav Thackeray. He was once
Uddhav`s favourite," he said.
Like Raj himself, Nirupam too was once with Shiv Sena. "When I gave speeches, a gag order was passed against me. I was not allowed to make speeches. But North Indian leaders are backed by everyone, and criminal cases are slapped against
me," Raj said.
"Why all this started, I have no clue. What was the need
to make such statements (for Nirupam and others)?" Raj added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced