RPI activists claim NCERT book defames Ambedkar
Mumbai: Activists of RPI on Monday burnt a copy
of the NCERT 11th class political science book here, alleging
that it contained a derogatory cartoon of Dr Babasaheb
"It is a tragedy that while the world has lauded
Ambedkar`s role in framing an ideal Constitution for India,
NCERT has defamed him by publishing such a cartoon," RPI
leader Ramdas Athawale said.
Union HRD minister Kapil Sibal should resign for being
responsible for this major error, he said. The book should be
banned, he added.
RPI activists later burnt a copy of the book.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players