RPI activists claim NCERT book defames Ambedkar
Mumbai: Activists of RPI on Monday burnt a copy
of the NCERT 11th class political science book here, alleging
that it contained a derogatory cartoon of Dr Babasaheb
"It is a tragedy that while the world has lauded
Ambedkar`s role in framing an ideal Constitution for India,
NCERT has defamed him by publishing such a cartoon," RPI
leader Ramdas Athawale said.
Union HRD minister Kapil Sibal should resign for being
responsible for this major error, he said. The book should be
banned, he added.
RPI activists later burnt a copy of the book.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price