RPI activists claim NCERT book defames Ambedkar
Mumbai: Activists of RPI on Monday burnt a copy
of the NCERT 11th class political science book here, alleging
that it contained a derogatory cartoon of Dr Babasaheb
"It is a tragedy that while the world has lauded
Ambedkar`s role in framing an ideal Constitution for India,
NCERT has defamed him by publishing such a cartoon," RPI
leader Ramdas Athawale said.
Union HRD minister Kapil Sibal should resign for being
responsible for this major error, he said. The book should be
banned, he added.
RPI activists later burnt a copy of the book.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended