RPI activists claim NCERT book defames Ambedkar
Mumbai: Activists of RPI on Monday burnt a copy
of the NCERT 11th class political science book here, alleging
that it contained a derogatory cartoon of Dr Babasaheb
"It is a tragedy that while the world has lauded
Ambedkar`s role in framing an ideal Constitution for India,
NCERT has defamed him by publishing such a cartoon," RPI
leader Ramdas Athawale said.
Union HRD minister Kapil Sibal should resign for being
responsible for this major error, he said. The book should be
banned, he added.
RPI activists later burnt a copy of the book.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive