School principal held for taking Rs 1 lakh bribe
Nagpur: A school principal was arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs one lakh from a person here, Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) said Friday.
Chandrakant Gohane, the principal of Shishu Vikas Madhyamik Vidyalaya (Secondary School) at Mahal in eastern part of city, and also the secretary of the educational society that runs the school, had allegedly demanded Rs seven lakhs from the complainant for regularising his services in the institution, police said.
Gohane had already received Rs 5.43 lakh from Vijay Rajurkar, a junior clerk in the school, for regularising his services, they said.
Despite receiving Rs 5.43 lakh, Gohane demanded the remaining amount, on instalment basis.
Fed up with this, Rajurkar approached the ACB, which arrested Gohane last night at his home in Nagpur.
ACB also searched his residential premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Israeli woman gang-raped in Manali, probe launched
- New protein gives new hope for Alzheimer's cure!
- Android users can now enjoy Prisma app!
- Another setback! Case filed against AAP workers for preventing emergency vehicle's movement
- WATCH: UNPLAYABLE! Have you seen this 'T20 ball of the century' by R Ashwin?