School principal held for taking Rs 1 lakh bribe
Nagpur: A school principal was arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs one lakh from a person here, Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) said Friday.
Chandrakant Gohane, the principal of Shishu Vikas Madhyamik Vidyalaya (Secondary School) at Mahal in eastern part of city, and also the secretary of the educational society that runs the school, had allegedly demanded Rs seven lakhs from the complainant for regularising his services in the institution, police said.
Gohane had already received Rs 5.43 lakh from Vijay Rajurkar, a junior clerk in the school, for regularising his services, they said.
Despite receiving Rs 5.43 lakh, Gohane demanded the remaining amount, on instalment basis.
Fed up with this, Rajurkar approached the ACB, which arrested Gohane last night at his home in Nagpur.
ACB also searched his residential premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state