School principal held for taking Rs 1 lakh bribe
Nagpur: A school principal was arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs one lakh from a person here, Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) said Friday.
Chandrakant Gohane, the principal of Shishu Vikas Madhyamik Vidyalaya (Secondary School) at Mahal in eastern part of city, and also the secretary of the educational society that runs the school, had allegedly demanded Rs seven lakhs from the complainant for regularising his services in the institution, police said.
Gohane had already received Rs 5.43 lakh from Vijay Rajurkar, a junior clerk in the school, for regularising his services, they said.
Despite receiving Rs 5.43 lakh, Gohane demanded the remaining amount, on instalment basis.
Fed up with this, Rajurkar approached the ACB, which arrested Gohane last night at his home in Nagpur.
ACB also searched his residential premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city