School principal held for taking Rs 1 lakh bribe
Nagpur: A school principal was arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs one lakh from a person here, Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) said Friday.
Chandrakant Gohane, the principal of Shishu Vikas Madhyamik Vidyalaya (Secondary School) at Mahal in eastern part of city, and also the secretary of the educational society that runs the school, had allegedly demanded Rs seven lakhs from the complainant for regularising his services in the institution, police said.
Gohane had already received Rs 5.43 lakh from Vijay Rajurkar, a junior clerk in the school, for regularising his services, they said.
Despite receiving Rs 5.43 lakh, Gohane demanded the remaining amount, on instalment basis.
Fed up with this, Rajurkar approached the ACB, which arrested Gohane last night at his home in Nagpur.
ACB also searched his residential premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Rio-returned athlete Sudha Singh hospitalized
- Companies' business confidence index grows 2.2% in June quarter
- Sensex falls for second straight session, cracks below 28,000-mark
- NIA reveals why ISIS bigger threat to India than Pakistani terrorists - Read details
- How to prevent obesity, eating disorders in teenagers