Serial blasts: NCP chief defends Mumbai police
New Delhi: Days after Maharashtra Chief
Minister Prithviraj Chavan said Congress agreeing to give the
key home portfolio to its alliance partner was a mistake, NCP
chief Sharad Pawar on Monday defended the Mumbai Police in its
probe in the serial blasts saying it was on the "correct
After a marathon meeting with state Deputy Chief
Minister Ajit Pawar and Home Minister RR Patil at his
residence here, the Aericultuire Minister told reporters that
he was convinced that the Mumbai Police was "on the correct
path of investigation."
"If fact if we recollect previous such incidents in
Mumbai, each and every case was detected by police and taken
to logical conclusion. Here also, I am convinced, the Mumbai
police are on the correct path. They will definitely detect
the case and those who are responsible will be punished," he
Amidst questions being raised on security issues in
the wake of the Mumbai blasts, Chavan had said Congress
agreeing to give the key Home portfolio to NCP was a mistake.
"I think it was a mistake. We should have re-looked at
it. I don`t know of any other coalition government where the
portfolios of Home, Finance and Planning are not with the
Chief Minister," Chavan said, evoking an angry response from
Pawar said since he had handled the 1993 serial blasts
in Mumbai, the two state leaders had come to seek his views on
Asked whether the remarks made by Chavan come up
during their discussions, Pawar said "nobody uttered a single
word about that."
"Even if they feel, today our collective
responsibility is to go in depth of this entire issue, give
full strength to Mumbai Police and see that culprits are
detected. Not a single word was uttered by anybody about these
type of things," he said.
In a veiled attack on MNS chief Raj Thackeray, he said
there might to "certain sections which want to create a rift
between different religious, linguistic sections. But I am
sure, Mumbaikars will not succumb to this ...and they will
always stand like a rock.
A day after the blasts, Thackeray had blamed the north
Indians and migrant population for the terror attack
which left 19 dead and over 130 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo