Sharad Pawar recommends Tariq Anwar for ministerial berth
Mumbai: Union Agriculture Minister and Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar has recommended lawmaker and senior leader of the party Tariq Anwar for a ministerial post in the Union Cabinet.
NCP spokesman Nawab Malik disclosed this in Mumbai.
Malik also mentioned that the neither the party nor Sharad Pawar had proposed his daughter Supriya Sule as a nominee for the ministerial post.
"One ministerial berth is due to us. We have not proposed Supriya Sule name for it. Sharad Pawar has conveyed to the Prime Minister that senior leader Tariq Anwar should be inducted in the cabinet. We hope that in the coming days it will be followed up," said Malik.
He also mentioned that Anwar could replace Agatha Sangma, who had offered to resign after her father Purno Agitok Sangma, also a co-founder of NCP, contested the presidential polls despite the party`s opposition to his candidature.
Meanwhile, speaking to media in Pune, Anwar said he would strive to serve the public by recalling that he had been a loyal member of NCP.
"I have been working in the party`s organisation for a long time. If I get an opportunity in the government I will try to contribute as much as possible," Anwar told a news agency in Pune.
He also slammed anti-graft activist Arvind Kejriwal and his associates of India Against Corruption (IAC), who have alleged that Robert Vadra, the son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid and Bharatiya Janata Party chief Nitin Gadkari have indulged in financial irregularities.
Anwar was commenting on the latest reports about former top brass of Indian Police Service (IPS) YP Singh, alleging that IAC had eclipsed the name of Sharad Pawar as one of those beneficiaries in the land allotments.
Singh is a former associate of Kejriwal and said that.
"Public have come to know that people, who have raised their voice against corruption are themselves embroiled in corrupt activities. They are doing it for cheap publicity," said Anwar.
Reportedly, Pawar and his daughter Supriya had capitalised on the development of Lavasa city project that is coming up near Pune.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Donald Trump says EU formed 'to beat US at making money'
- Muslim woman told to remove hijab for job application in New Zealand
- Kriti Sanon wishes 'Heropanti' director Sabbir Khan a very happy birthday! Pic inside
- Suicide attack in Baghdad kills at least 10 people