Sharad Pawar recommends Tariq Anwar for ministerial berth
Mumbai: Union Agriculture Minister and Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar has recommended lawmaker and senior leader of the party Tariq Anwar for a ministerial post in the Union Cabinet.
NCP spokesman Nawab Malik disclosed this in Mumbai.
Malik also mentioned that the neither the party nor Sharad Pawar had proposed his daughter Supriya Sule as a nominee for the ministerial post.
"One ministerial berth is due to us. We have not proposed Supriya Sule name for it. Sharad Pawar has conveyed to the Prime Minister that senior leader Tariq Anwar should be inducted in the cabinet. We hope that in the coming days it will be followed up," said Malik.
He also mentioned that Anwar could replace Agatha Sangma, who had offered to resign after her father Purno Agitok Sangma, also a co-founder of NCP, contested the presidential polls despite the party`s opposition to his candidature.
Meanwhile, speaking to media in Pune, Anwar said he would strive to serve the public by recalling that he had been a loyal member of NCP.
"I have been working in the party`s organisation for a long time. If I get an opportunity in the government I will try to contribute as much as possible," Anwar told a news agency in Pune.
He also slammed anti-graft activist Arvind Kejriwal and his associates of India Against Corruption (IAC), who have alleged that Robert Vadra, the son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid and Bharatiya Janata Party chief Nitin Gadkari have indulged in financial irregularities.
Anwar was commenting on the latest reports about former top brass of Indian Police Service (IPS) YP Singh, alleging that IAC had eclipsed the name of Sharad Pawar as one of those beneficiaries in the land allotments.
Singh is a former associate of Kejriwal and said that.
"Public have come to know that people, who have raised their voice against corruption are themselves embroiled in corrupt activities. They are doing it for cheap publicity," said Anwar.
Reportedly, Pawar and his daughter Supriya had capitalised on the development of Lavasa city project that is coming up near Pune.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy