Shinde inaugurates Rs 30 crore BSF base in Solapur
Mumbai: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Wednesday inaugurated the site for a Rs 30 crore base for BSF troops in his Lok Sabha constituency of Solapur.
The reserve battalion base of the Border Security Force (BSF) will come up on a 79.79 acre land at Takli village of this district in Maharashtra.
The base, which will have a capacity to hold a battalion of about 1,000 personnel, is the first such
facility in Maharashtra for this force and the site will be developed in the next few years at a cost of Rs 30 crore.
Construction of jawan barracks, administrative and training blocks will commence on the land provided to the paramilitary by the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?