Shinde inaugurates Rs 30 crore BSF base in Solapur
Mumbai: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Wednesday inaugurated the site for a Rs 30 crore base for BSF troops in his Lok Sabha constituency of Solapur.
The reserve battalion base of the Border Security Force (BSF) will come up on a 79.79 acre land at Takli village of this district in Maharashtra.
The base, which will have a capacity to hold a battalion of about 1,000 personnel, is the first such
facility in Maharashtra for this force and the site will be developed in the next few years at a cost of Rs 30 crore.
Construction of jawan barracks, administrative and training blocks will commence on the land provided to the paramilitary by the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Religious tensions bristle in Myanmar village after mosque destroyed
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati
- Gold slips from 26-month high, down Rs 485 on fall in demand