Shinde inaugurates Rs 30 crore BSF base in Solapur
Mumbai: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Wednesday inaugurated the site for a Rs 30 crore base for BSF troops in his Lok Sabha constituency of Solapur.
The reserve battalion base of the Border Security Force (BSF) will come up on a 79.79 acre land at Takli village of this district in Maharashtra.
The base, which will have a capacity to hold a battalion of about 1,000 personnel, is the first such
facility in Maharashtra for this force and the site will be developed in the next few years at a cost of Rs 30 crore.
Construction of jawan barracks, administrative and training blocks will commence on the land provided to the paramilitary by the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport