Shinde inaugurates Rs 30 crore BSF base in Solapur
Mumbai: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Wednesday inaugurated the site for a Rs 30 crore base for BSF troops in his Lok Sabha constituency of Solapur.
The reserve battalion base of the Border Security Force (BSF) will come up on a 79.79 acre land at Takli village of this district in Maharashtra.
The base, which will have a capacity to hold a battalion of about 1,000 personnel, is the first such
facility in Maharashtra for this force and the site will be developed in the next few years at a cost of Rs 30 crore.
Construction of jawan barracks, administrative and training blocks will commence on the land provided to the paramilitary by the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US