Shinde inaugurates Rs 30 crore BSF base in Solapur
Mumbai: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Wednesday inaugurated the site for a Rs 30 crore base for BSF troops in his Lok Sabha constituency of Solapur.
The reserve battalion base of the Border Security Force (BSF) will come up on a 79.79 acre land at Takli village of this district in Maharashtra.
The base, which will have a capacity to hold a battalion of about 1,000 personnel, is the first such
facility in Maharashtra for this force and the site will be developed in the next few years at a cost of Rs 30 crore.
Construction of jawan barracks, administrative and training blocks will commence on the land provided to the paramilitary by the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble