Ship fire case: Court grants bail to 2 S Koreans
Mumbai: A local court on Saturday granted bail to two South Korean nationals who are facing a case for criminal negligence following an explosion and fire on the chemical tanker Royal Diamond on March 17 at a port here.
"The court granted bail to master of the vessel, Chung Hyunil, and chief engineer Kim Seong Hun," said advocate Rishi Buta, their lawyer.
They are facing bailable charges, so the magistrate granted them bail on personal bonds of 25,000 each.
There was an explosion on the ship on March 17, followed by a fire. Six people were injured while one died.
Again, on March 25, a day before the Port Trust authorities were going to visit the ship for inspection and inquiry, there was another explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr