Shiv Sena accuses Cong of `ignoring` martyr Hemraj
Mumbai: Amid outrage over the beheading of a soldier at LoC, Shiv Sena on Monday stepped up the attack on the UPA government, saying "patriots have no value" under Congress rule and demanded snapping of sporting ties with Pakistan.
"Sonia Gandhi has time to go to Assam and wipe tears of Bangladeshi infiltrators, but she does not have time to meet mother and wife of martyr Hemraj," Sena Executive President Uddhav Thackeray said.
"Under the Congress rule, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis have an upper hand, while patriots don`t have even an iota of importance," the Sena leader said in a statement issued here this evening.
There is no expectation of any action from the government, Uddhav said.
"Even Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde will say, `the government has laid the carpet to welcome Pakistani cricket and hockey players to forget the pain (of Hemraj`s beheading)," he mocked.
"You should decide whether Pakistan cricket and hockey players should be allowed to play here when jawans are being killed by Pakistan on the border," Uddhav said.
Uddhav`s remarks came after the IPL-style Hockey India League yesterday hit a road block with Shiv Sena supporters protesting against the participation of four Pakistani players in a scheduled practice session of `Mumbai Magicians` team here.
On January 8, Pakistan Army regulars had infiltrated inside Indian territory in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir and killed and mutilated the bodies of Lance Naiks Sudhakar Singh and Hemraj Singh.
The latter`s family is demanding that his severed head be brought back from Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials