Shiv Sena to decide after BJP proposes NDA`s PM candidate
Mumbai: National Democratic Alliance partner Shiv Sena said here on Sunday that it is not averse to any name being projected as BJP Prime Ministerial candidate, as long as all alliance partners are consulted before announcing it.
The Sena`s statement comes immediately after a veiled threat by Janata Dal (United) leader and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar against projecting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate.
"All parties in the NDA should be consulted about NDA`s Prime Ministerial candidate. The candidate will not be from any individual party, but of the NDA as a whole," Sena leader Rahul Narvekar said.
He said the NDA is united and will fight together. "The NDA should declare its prime ministerial candidate. All NDA alliance partners should be consulted," he said.
Though the Shiv Sena is not averse to any name, it is for the BJP to name a PM candidate.
"Let them (BJP) propose the name and we will consider after that," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Guwahati to host 2016 Indian Super League season opener
- An Alaskan village votes to relocate because of global warming
- US Judge blocks federal action on transgender students' bathroom access
- Athletics: Long jump star Rutherford swaps spikes for dancing shoes
- Turkey backtracks on `IS child bomber` claims