Shiv Sena to decide after BJP proposes NDA`s PM candidate
Mumbai: National Democratic Alliance partner Shiv Sena said here on Sunday that it is not averse to any name being projected as BJP Prime Ministerial candidate, as long as all alliance partners are consulted before announcing it.
The Sena`s statement comes immediately after a veiled threat by Janata Dal (United) leader and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar against projecting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate.
"All parties in the NDA should be consulted about NDA`s Prime Ministerial candidate. The candidate will not be from any individual party, but of the NDA as a whole," Sena leader Rahul Narvekar said.
He said the NDA is united and will fight together. "The NDA should declare its prime ministerial candidate. All NDA alliance partners should be consulted," he said.
Though the Shiv Sena is not averse to any name, it is for the BJP to name a PM candidate.
"Let them (BJP) propose the name and we will consider after that," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?