Shiv Sena to decide after BJP proposes NDA`s PM candidate
Mumbai: National Democratic Alliance partner Shiv Sena said here on Sunday that it is not averse to any name being projected as BJP Prime Ministerial candidate, as long as all alliance partners are consulted before announcing it.
The Sena`s statement comes immediately after a veiled threat by Janata Dal (United) leader and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar against projecting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate.
"All parties in the NDA should be consulted about NDA`s Prime Ministerial candidate. The candidate will not be from any individual party, but of the NDA as a whole," Sena leader Rahul Narvekar said.
He said the NDA is united and will fight together. "The NDA should declare its prime ministerial candidate. All NDA alliance partners should be consulted," he said.
Though the Shiv Sena is not averse to any name, it is for the BJP to name a PM candidate.
"Let them (BJP) propose the name and we will consider after that," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'