Shocked by demise of their spouses, two end life in Maha
Thane: Unable to bear the shock of their spouses` death, two persons allegedly committed suicide in separate incidents here, police said on Monday.
Both the incidents took place yesterday.
In the first case, a labourer identified as Venkatesh Madiwal from Ambernath was found dead yesterday on the railway tracks near Badlapur railway station after his wife Laxmi passed away on her way to the hospital on Saturday, following critical illness, they said.
Kalyan police is investigating whether it was accident or a suicide.
In another incident, one Deepak Ambre of Lokmanya Nagar who was not keeping well, died while undergoing treatment at the KEM Hospital in Mumbai. His wife Dipti could not stand the grief of her husband`s demise and hung herself.
The Vartak Nagar police are investigating into the case, police said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: SC to hear plea next week on FIR against 'bribe-takers'
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!
- UN blacklists Indian-flagged cargo vessel carrying Libyan oil
- One minute of intense exercise can help you stay fit!
- Don't refer Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad as terrorists: HRD Ministry to DU