Shocked by demise of their spouses, two end life in Maha
Thane: Unable to bear the shock of their spouses` death, two persons allegedly committed suicide in separate incidents here, police said on Monday.
Both the incidents took place yesterday.
In the first case, a labourer identified as Venkatesh Madiwal from Ambernath was found dead yesterday on the railway tracks near Badlapur railway station after his wife Laxmi passed away on her way to the hospital on Saturday, following critical illness, they said.
Kalyan police is investigating whether it was accident or a suicide.
In another incident, one Deepak Ambre of Lokmanya Nagar who was not keeping well, died while undergoing treatment at the KEM Hospital in Mumbai. His wife Dipti could not stand the grief of her husband`s demise and hung herself.
The Vartak Nagar police are investigating into the case, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore