Shocked by demise of their spouses, two end life in Maha
Thane: Unable to bear the shock of their spouses` death, two persons allegedly committed suicide in separate incidents here, police said on Monday.
Both the incidents took place yesterday.
In the first case, a labourer identified as Venkatesh Madiwal from Ambernath was found dead yesterday on the railway tracks near Badlapur railway station after his wife Laxmi passed away on her way to the hospital on Saturday, following critical illness, they said.
Kalyan police is investigating whether it was accident or a suicide.
In another incident, one Deepak Ambre of Lokmanya Nagar who was not keeping well, died while undergoing treatment at the KEM Hospital in Mumbai. His wife Dipti could not stand the grief of her husband`s demise and hung herself.
The Vartak Nagar police are investigating into the case, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What an achievement! Anurag Thakur becomes first BJP MP to be commissioned into Territorial Army
- Rahul Gandhi kicks off Congress' poll campaign in Lucknow; vows to make UP no. 1 state, praises Sheila Dikshit
- Jeff Bezos world's third-richest, surpasses Warren Buffett: Forbes
- RBI to keep rates unchanged in August 9 policy: ICRA
- Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh's wife led to his arrest?