Sudarshan was committed towards nation: Gadkari
Nagpur: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President Nitin Gadkari, who paid his last respects to K.S. Sudarshan here on Sunday, lauded the former Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) chief`s for his commitment to the country`s betterment.
"The Bharatiya Janata Party pays homage to him and I pray that his soul may rest in peace. We believe in his principles and will follow them. He was committed towards the nation and society and we will help to fulfill his dreams of a better society now," he said.
Top Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders, including Lal Krishna Advani, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley, Rajnath Singh and Nitin Gadkari are expected to attend the funeral ceremony.
The Chief Ministers of all BJP-ruled states are also likely to attend the funeral ceremony and pay their last respects to the revered RSS ideologue.
The funeral of former RSS chief Sudarshan, who died in Raipur after suffering a heart attack on Saturday, will be held in Nagpur at around 3 pm today.
His body, kept at the prayer hall in Dr Hedgewar Smruti Mandir Parisar in Reshimbag for final tributes, was brought to the city by a special flight last evening.
His last journey would commence from Reshimbagh and the body would be cremated at Gangabai ghat in eastern part of the city.
Born on 18, 1931 in Raipur, he did his Bachelors of Engineering in Telecommunications.
A native of Kuppalli village in Mandya District of Karnataka, Sudarshan was known among the Sangh workers for his physical training.
Sudarshan was the RSS chief from 2000 to 2009. His tenure was marked by his conscious efforts to bring younger leadership in all sangh pariwar outfits, including the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash