Tanasha murder case: Nine persons in police net
Mumbai: Nine persons have been arrested in connection with the murder of Farid Tanasha, suspected henchmnan of the Chhota Rajan gang, police said on Friday.
"Nine persons have been apprehended and some more have been detained for the murder of Tanasha," they said.
Tanasha was shot dead on June 2 by two sharp shooters who fired five bullets from two 7.65 revolvers from a close range inside his house in Tilak Nagar Colony building at suburban Chembur.
He was a top informer of Intelligence Bureau and Mumbai Crime Branch and was also present at a Christmas party, thrown by Rajan`s close aide DK Rao and allegedly attended by some senior police officers in December last year, police said.
Initially, police suspected that the murder was the handiwork of gangster Bharat Nepali, allegedly involved in the killing of Shahid Azmi, the counsel to Faheem Ansari, who was
acquitted in the Mumbai terror attacks case.
It however has now refused to comment on whether the arrested accused were associated with the Nepali.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!