Tanasha murder case: Nine persons in police net
Mumbai: Nine persons have been arrested in connection with the murder of Farid Tanasha, suspected henchmnan of the Chhota Rajan gang, police said on Friday.
"Nine persons have been apprehended and some more have been detained for the murder of Tanasha," they said.
Tanasha was shot dead on June 2 by two sharp shooters who fired five bullets from two 7.65 revolvers from a close range inside his house in Tilak Nagar Colony building at suburban Chembur.
He was a top informer of Intelligence Bureau and Mumbai Crime Branch and was also present at a Christmas party, thrown by Rajan`s close aide DK Rao and allegedly attended by some senior police officers in December last year, police said.
Initially, police suspected that the murder was the handiwork of gangster Bharat Nepali, allegedly involved in the killing of Shahid Azmi, the counsel to Faheem Ansari, who was
acquitted in the Mumbai terror attacks case.
It however has now refused to comment on whether the arrested accused were associated with the Nepali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside