Tawde seeks SIT probe into wakf land allotments
Mumbai: Claiming that senior wakf officials allotted wakf land to developers for personal gains, Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Legislative Council Vinod Tawde Friday demanded a probe by SIT in the land transfers during the last 10 years.
Referring to the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) raiding the house of Maharashtra Wakf Board chief executive officer N D Pathan, Tawde said, "Pathan and other officers did not do anything other than furthering their own interests."
"From the ACB raid, it is evident that there has been a large scale corruption in wakf land allotment. Such deals in last 10 years should be probed by a special investigation team," Tawde told reporters at Vidhan Bhawan.
Tawde also claimed discrepancies in allotment of flats under the chief minister`s discretionary quota. "Some ministers and their relatives have been allotted more than one flat," he said.
The BJP leader also alleged that some senior officers who owned flats on land allotted to housing societies, were earning lakhs of rupees as monthly rent for their flats, even as they continued to occupy their official quarters.
In the state, such officers were earning almost Rs 100 crore per year by renting their flats, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened