Thane building crash case: Two get bail
Thane: A local court on Saturday granted bail to two persons in the Mumbra building crash case.
Judge K R Warrier granted bail to Ramdas Burud, a driver to one of the accused officials of Thane Municipal Commissioner, and Afroz Ansari, who had supplied materials for the ill-fated building, against personal bonds of Rs 15,000.
Burud is accused of being a conduit between officials and the builder for bribes.
The court however rejected the bail applications of police constable Jehangir Sayeed, TMC engineer Subash Rawal and TMC officials Subash Waghmare, Kisan Madke and Vishnu Gumre.
The court had yesterday rejected the bail pleas of Deputy Municipal Commissioners Deepak Chavan, Shreekant Sarmokdam and Assistant Municipal Commissioner Shyam Thorbole and engineer Ramesh Inamdar.
Seventy-four persons were killed when an unauthorised building came crashing down in Mumbra area of Thane district on April 4 this year.
Corporation officials are accused of turning a blind eye to the construction after taking bribes. A total of 22 persons have been arrested in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder