Thane rains: 3,000 moved to safer places
Thane: Three persons were reportedly washed away in flood waters, while over 3,000 people were shifted to safer places as heavy rains disrupted normal life in Thane district on Friday.
More than 3,000 persons were shifted to safer places in the powerloom town of Bhiwandi shortly before midnight last night as incessant rains inundated several low-lying areas and flooded rivers, District Disaster Control Room said on Saturday.
In Dahanu, three persons were reportedly washed away in flood waters. They were identified as as Bablya Jivya Pilena, 50,
Kisna Devya Hadal, 27 and Dinesh Soni Chipad, 26. The control room, however, said they were yet to receive any information related to these people.
Other areas affected by rains Talasari, Jawhar, Kalyan and Ulhasnagar, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday