Thane rains: 3,000 moved to safer places
Thane: Three persons were reportedly washed away in flood waters, while over 3,000 people were shifted to safer places as heavy rains disrupted normal life in Thane district on Friday.
More than 3,000 persons were shifted to safer places in the powerloom town of Bhiwandi shortly before midnight last night as incessant rains inundated several low-lying areas and flooded rivers, District Disaster Control Room said on Saturday.
In Dahanu, three persons were reportedly washed away in flood waters. They were identified as as Bablya Jivya Pilena, 50,
Kisna Devya Hadal, 27 and Dinesh Soni Chipad, 26. The control room, however, said they were yet to receive any information related to these people.
Other areas affected by rains Talasari, Jawhar, Kalyan and Ulhasnagar, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued