Thane rains: 3,000 moved to safer places
Thane: Three persons were reportedly washed away in flood waters, while over 3,000 people were shifted to safer places as heavy rains disrupted normal life in Thane district on Friday.
More than 3,000 persons were shifted to safer places in the powerloom town of Bhiwandi shortly before midnight last night as incessant rains inundated several low-lying areas and flooded rivers, District Disaster Control Room said on Saturday.
In Dahanu, three persons were reportedly washed away in flood waters. They were identified as as Bablya Jivya Pilena, 50,
Kisna Devya Hadal, 27 and Dinesh Soni Chipad, 26. The control room, however, said they were yet to receive any information related to these people.
Other areas affected by rains Talasari, Jawhar, Kalyan and Ulhasnagar, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown