Thane villagers report mysterious underground sounds
Thane: Reports of mysterious underground sounds in Jawhar taluka of the district have promoted the local administration to take help from geological experts to unravel reasons behind the phenomenon.
Residents of Kadidond village in the tribal-dominated taluka have complained about hearing such sounds several times since August 25, sources in district headquarters said today.
Following this, the local tehsildar, accompanied with other officials, visited the village for an on the spot assessment and to instill confidence among the anxious villagers.
Tehsildar Urmila Patil said she visited the village after getting complaints about underground booms.
Patil said she immediately got in touch with Met Department in Mumbai and told them about the mysterious sounds.
However, the Department officials maintained that no tremor-related activity had been recorded from the village or anywhere in the taluka, she said.
The administration has now requested geological experts to visit the village and give their opinion about the unexplained occurrence, Patil said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH