Three kids burnt to death in Maharashtra village
Ahmednagar (Maharashtra): Three children of a family were burnt to death in a fire that broke out in their hut in Nandurkhi village of Ahmednagar district early Monday, police said.
"Three children were burnt to death after a (kerosene) lamp fell down and triggered a fire in their hut," said an official from the Shirdi police station, under which Nandurkhi village falls.
Those killed have been identified as Akash Vidhate, 15, Manisha Vidhate, 13, and Vikas Vidhate, 11. Their father also received burn injuries while trying to rescue them.
Police said the parents of the three children were sleeping in another hut nearby when the incident took place.
Ahmednagar is about 270 km from Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog