Three Thane rural cops caught in ACB trap
Thane: Three policemen have been arrested by the Thane anti-corruption bureau for demanding and taking a bribe of Rs 15,000 from a person.
The arrest was made after setting a trap at Murbad in the district last evening, ACB said.
Superintendent of Police Sandeep Karnik said that Thane ACB had received complaint that officers at Tokawade police station were demanding Rs 15,000 for submitting to the court that a motorbike seized in a criminal case can be handed back to its owner.
The arrested officers were identified as head constable Vasant Mohan Rane, constable Gurunath Gopal Padwal and constable Ashok Shivram Budhwant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!