Three Thane rural cops caught in ACB trap
Thane: Three policemen have been arrested by the Thane anti-corruption bureau for demanding and taking a bribe of Rs 15,000 from a person.
The arrest was made after setting a trap at Murbad in the district last evening, ACB said.
Superintendent of Police Sandeep Karnik said that Thane ACB had received complaint that officers at Tokawade police station were demanding Rs 15,000 for submitting to the court that a motorbike seized in a criminal case can be handed back to its owner.
The arrested officers were identified as head constable Vasant Mohan Rane, constable Gurunath Gopal Padwal and constable Ashok Shivram Budhwant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened