Tonight, watch Mumbai`s Bandra-Worli Sea Link go pink!
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
Mumbai: As part of a global initiative to create awareness on breast cancer, Mumbai’s famous landmark, the Bandra-Worli Sea Link will be illuminated in pink for a week starting Friday.
Launched six years ago, the Estee Lauder Companies` Breast Cancer Awareness (BCA) campaign has been playing vital role in creating awareness on the importance of early detection of the ailment and to further the cause of eradicating the scourge of breast cancer.
The theme for 2013 is ‘Let`s Defeat Breast Cancer. We`re Stronger Together’. The majestic Sea link will continue to turn pink every night till October 11.
Besides the Bandra-Worli Sea Link, many other iconic buildings and structures around the world have turned pink for the cause. These landmarks include the Empire State Building (New York, USA), Burj Al-Arab (Dubai, UAE), Sydney Opera House (Sydney, Australia) and Louvre Museum (Paris, France).
If you are in Mumbai, here’s your chance to chance to witness the iconic Bandra-Worli Sea Link go pink – for a cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack