Tonight, watch Mumbai`s Bandra-Worli Sea Link go pink!
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
Mumbai: As part of a global initiative to create awareness on breast cancer, Mumbai’s famous landmark, the Bandra-Worli Sea Link will be illuminated in pink for a week starting Friday.
Launched six years ago, the Estee Lauder Companies` Breast Cancer Awareness (BCA) campaign has been playing vital role in creating awareness on the importance of early detection of the ailment and to further the cause of eradicating the scourge of breast cancer.
The theme for 2013 is ‘Let`s Defeat Breast Cancer. We`re Stronger Together’. The majestic Sea link will continue to turn pink every night till October 11.
Besides the Bandra-Worli Sea Link, many other iconic buildings and structures around the world have turned pink for the cause. These landmarks include the Empire State Building (New York, USA), Burj Al-Arab (Dubai, UAE), Sydney Opera House (Sydney, Australia) and Louvre Museum (Paris, France).
If you are in Mumbai, here’s your chance to chance to witness the iconic Bandra-Worli Sea Link go pink – for a cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days