Two Air Force IAF engineers caught accepting bribe
Mumbai: Two Indian Air Force (IAF)
engineers were today arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe
of Rs 50,000 from a contractor in Nashik, CBI officials said.
Rajendra Kakkar and Shashikant Patil, posted at Ojhar
near Nashik, were caught while taking the bribe amount from
the contractor in a hotel, an official of the CBI`s anti-
corruption bureau said tonight.
The contractor had completed his job related to some
project with the Air Force and was awaiting the payment of his
bills, the official said.
The duo, however, demanded Rs 70,000 to clear his
bills. The contractor agreed to pay the amount and in the
meantime lodged a complain with the CBI.
Accordingly a trap was laid in the Nashik hotel and
the engineers were caught this evening while accepting Rs
50,000 as the first instalment, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH