Two Air Force IAF engineers caught accepting bribe
Mumbai: Two Indian Air Force (IAF)
engineers were today arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe
of Rs 50,000 from a contractor in Nashik, CBI officials said.
Rajendra Kakkar and Shashikant Patil, posted at Ojhar
near Nashik, were caught while taking the bribe amount from
the contractor in a hotel, an official of the CBI`s anti-
corruption bureau said tonight.
The contractor had completed his job related to some
project with the Air Force and was awaiting the payment of his
bills, the official said.
The duo, however, demanded Rs 70,000 to clear his
bills. The contractor agreed to pay the amount and in the
meantime lodged a complain with the CBI.
Accordingly a trap was laid in the Nashik hotel and
the engineers were caught this evening while accepting Rs
50,000 as the first instalment, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack