Two Air Force IAF engineers caught accepting bribe
Mumbai: Two Indian Air Force (IAF)
engineers were today arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe
of Rs 50,000 from a contractor in Nashik, CBI officials said.
Rajendra Kakkar and Shashikant Patil, posted at Ojhar
near Nashik, were caught while taking the bribe amount from
the contractor in a hotel, an official of the CBI`s anti-
corruption bureau said tonight.
The contractor had completed his job related to some
project with the Air Force and was awaiting the payment of his
bills, the official said.
The duo, however, demanded Rs 70,000 to clear his
bills. The contractor agreed to pay the amount and in the
meantime lodged a complain with the CBI.
Accordingly a trap was laid in the Nashik hotel and
the engineers were caught this evening while accepting Rs
50,000 as the first instalment, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’