Two arrested for seeking bribe
Thane: The Thane Unit of Anti-Corruption Bureau on Thursday trapped Deputy Superintendent of Land Records Office and a clerk while accepting a bribe of Rs 1 lakh.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Mamta D`souza said the accused sought bribe for forwarding a land survey from the office of the Land Records at Ambernath to the Tehsildar.
The accused were identified as Deputy Superintendent Anil T Chandekar and clerk Yogesh M Tarmale. They have been arrested under Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!