Two arrested for seeking bribe
Thane: The Thane Unit of Anti-Corruption Bureau on Thursday trapped Deputy Superintendent of Land Records Office and a clerk while accepting a bribe of Rs 1 lakh.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Mamta D`souza said the accused sought bribe for forwarding a land survey from the office of the Land Records at Ambernath to the Tehsildar.
The accused were identified as Deputy Superintendent Anil T Chandekar and clerk Yogesh M Tarmale. They have been arrested under Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!