Two-day NCP meet for Lok Sabha polls from Jan 5
Mumbai: As part of its preparations for the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections, Union Agriculture Minister and NCP president Sharad Pawar will hold consultations with party leaders in Maharashtra from January 5.
Pawar will meet office bearers, senior leaders, ministers in all the constituencies on January 5 and 6 to take stock of the political situation in the state and the party`s preparedness in the 22 Lok Sabha constituencies.
NCP had contested 22 out of 48 Lok Sabha seats from the state in last Parliamentary elections. Alliance partner Congress has said that it favours the 29:19 seat sharing formula as NCP had fared badly in several of the 22 constituencies especially in Western Maharashtra.
However, NCP is adamant that it will contest on 22 seats and was open to swapping of few seats with the ally.
Pawar will hold deliberations with leaders from Jalgaon, Bhandara-Gondia, Amravati, Buldhana, Raver, Osmanabad, Beed, Hingoli, Parbhani, Ahmednagar, Kolhapur, Hatkanangale, Satara, Maadha, Mawal, Shirur, Mumbai North East, Thane , Kalyan, Baramati, Nashik and Dindori Lok Sabha constituencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued