Two-day NCP meet for Lok Sabha polls from Jan 5
Mumbai: As part of its preparations for the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections, Union Agriculture Minister and NCP president Sharad Pawar will hold consultations with party leaders in Maharashtra from January 5.
Pawar will meet office bearers, senior leaders, ministers in all the constituencies on January 5 and 6 to take stock of the political situation in the state and the party`s preparedness in the 22 Lok Sabha constituencies.
NCP had contested 22 out of 48 Lok Sabha seats from the state in last Parliamentary elections. Alliance partner Congress has said that it favours the 29:19 seat sharing formula as NCP had fared badly in several of the 22 constituencies especially in Western Maharashtra.
However, NCP is adamant that it will contest on 22 seats and was open to swapping of few seats with the ally.
Pawar will hold deliberations with leaders from Jalgaon, Bhandara-Gondia, Amravati, Buldhana, Raver, Osmanabad, Beed, Hingoli, Parbhani, Ahmednagar, Kolhapur, Hatkanangale, Satara, Maadha, Mawal, Shirur, Mumbai North East, Thane , Kalyan, Baramati, Nashik and Dindori Lok Sabha constituencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez