Two-day NCP meet for Lok Sabha polls from Jan 5
Mumbai: As part of its preparations for the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections, Union Agriculture Minister and NCP president Sharad Pawar will hold consultations with party leaders in Maharashtra from January 5.
Pawar will meet office bearers, senior leaders, ministers in all the constituencies on January 5 and 6 to take stock of the political situation in the state and the party`s preparedness in the 22 Lok Sabha constituencies.
NCP had contested 22 out of 48 Lok Sabha seats from the state in last Parliamentary elections. Alliance partner Congress has said that it favours the 29:19 seat sharing formula as NCP had fared badly in several of the 22 constituencies especially in Western Maharashtra.
However, NCP is adamant that it will contest on 22 seats and was open to swapping of few seats with the ally.
Pawar will hold deliberations with leaders from Jalgaon, Bhandara-Gondia, Amravati, Buldhana, Raver, Osmanabad, Beed, Hingoli, Parbhani, Ahmednagar, Kolhapur, Hatkanangale, Satara, Maadha, Mawal, Shirur, Mumbai North East, Thane , Kalyan, Baramati, Nashik and Dindori Lok Sabha constituencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi