Two fake Army recruit officers arrested in Nashik
Nashik: Two persons, including an army jawan, have been arrested from Jalgaon district in Maharashtra for allegedly duping scores of candidates on pretext of providing jobs in armed services, police said today.
The accused, Samadhan Sakharam Patil and Sandeep Keshav Patil, were arrested yesterday, District Superintendent of Police Praveen Padwal said.
Samadhan Patil is a jawan with Indian army since 2003, he said.
Both the accused, posing as recruit officers, duped lakhs from several youths from Nandgaon and Sinnar tehsils of Nashik district, assuring them recruitment in the Indian army.
The fraud came to light when Nandgaon`s Bhaskar Dhanraj Patil, Sinnar`s Bharat Sonawane and Anil Narode recently lodged complaints with the police.
Around 16,000 youths from different parts of Maharashtra participated in the army recruitment process on March 20-21 in the Devlali camp`s artillery centre.
Padwal has urged youths across the state to inform Nashik Rural Police accordingly, if they have been cheated by the duo or any such recruitment agents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey