Two killed due to heavy downpour in Nashik
Nashik: Incessant rainfall in the town has killed two persons, including a woman, in separate incidents, police said Thursday.
In the first incident, a 20-year-old labourer, identified as Ramesh Yadav was killed and some others were injured when a compound wall of a building collapsed at city`s Pathardi-Phata locality yesterday, police said.
In another incident, Sunita Chavan, a resident of Talwade-Anjaneri village in Trimbakershwar taluka was washed away by heavy flow of water while she was crossing a road, they said.
Nashik district has recorded 663.30 mm rainfall?during past 24-hours, with Igatpuri recording maximum rainfall at 138.00 mm, followed by Trimbakeshwar at 128 mm, Peint 100 mm, Nashik 70.60 mm, the District Magistrate`s office said in a statement today.
The district has received 6045.90 mm?rainfall in last two months.
The Ganghapur dam was filled up 75 per cent with present water level capacity of 4215 mcft. Till today, there was total 25,734 mcft water-stock in district`s 23 major and medium water reservoirs, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department