Two killed in Mumbai building collapse
Mumbai: Two people were killed and one person was injured when a portion of an old building collapsed in a congested locality here Friday, officials said.
According to disaster control officials, a slab of Khatija Manzil on Mohammed Ali Road collapsed around 4.45 p.m, killing Imtiaz Siddiqui, 26, and Baleshwar Mahato, 27.
Around 3 p.m., a crack was noticed developing in the building and by 4.30 p.m., most residents were evacuated. Shortly thereafter, the building collapsed.
No information is available on whether any person is trapped under the debris.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation