Two killed in Mumbai building collapse
Mumbai: Two people were killed and one person was injured when a portion of an old building collapsed in a congested locality here Friday, officials said.
According to disaster control officials, a slab of Khatija Manzil on Mohammed Ali Road collapsed around 4.45 p.m, killing Imtiaz Siddiqui, 26, and Baleshwar Mahato, 27.
Around 3 p.m., a crack was noticed developing in the building and by 4.30 p.m., most residents were evacuated. Shortly thereafter, the building collapsed.
No information is available on whether any person is trapped under the debris.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt