Two killed in Mumbai building collapse
Mumbai: Two people were killed and one person was injured when a portion of an old building collapsed in a congested locality here Friday, officials said.
According to disaster control officials, a slab of Khatija Manzil on Mohammed Ali Road collapsed around 4.45 p.m, killing Imtiaz Siddiqui, 26, and Baleshwar Mahato, 27.
Around 3 p.m., a crack was noticed developing in the building and by 4.30 p.m., most residents were evacuated. Shortly thereafter, the building collapsed.
No information is available on whether any person is trapped under the debris.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars