Two killed in Mumbai building collapse
Mumbai: Two people were killed and one person was injured when a portion of an old building collapsed in a congested locality here Friday, officials said.
According to disaster control officials, a slab of Khatija Manzil on Mohammed Ali Road collapsed around 4.45 p.m, killing Imtiaz Siddiqui, 26, and Baleshwar Mahato, 27.
Around 3 p.m., a crack was noticed developing in the building and by 4.30 p.m., most residents were evacuated. Shortly thereafter, the building collapsed.
No information is available on whether any person is trapped under the debris.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA