Two killed in Mumbai building collapse
Mumbai: Two people were killed and one person was injured when a portion of an old building collapsed in a congested locality here Friday, officials said.
According to disaster control officials, a slab of Khatija Manzil on Mohammed Ali Road collapsed around 4.45 p.m, killing Imtiaz Siddiqui, 26, and Baleshwar Mahato, 27.
Around 3 p.m., a crack was noticed developing in the building and by 4.30 p.m., most residents were evacuated. Shortly thereafter, the building collapsed.
No information is available on whether any person is trapped under the debris.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs