Uddhav Thackeray`s second angioplasty successful
Mumbai: Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray Sunday underwent a successful second angioplasty procedure at the Lilavati Hospital here, a party official said.
Uddhav underwent the first angioplasty in the same hospital July 20 when three blockages in his artery were successfully removed after surgery lasting nearly three hours.
"The procedure involving one more stent in his artery has been performed successfully. He is responding well and also spoke to (father) Bal Thackeray after the procedure," party spokesperson Sanjay Raut said.
Uddhav arrived at the hospital with his wife Rashmi and children Aditya and Tejas. Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief and estranged cousin Raj Thackeray was also present.
A party official said the second procedure was suggested for Uddhav during follow-up checkup after the first angioplasty in July.
Singer Lata Mangeshkar and Shiv Sena leader Manohar Joshi were among those who visited the hospital during the angioplasty.
Mangeshkar also went to see Bal Thackeray at his residence in suburban Bandra in northwest Mumbai as he has been unwell for the past few months.
The implications of Uddhav`s health condition are a matter of concern for his family and the Shiv Sena as well as its allies -- Bharatiya Janata Party and Republican Party of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi's inflation-related speech ''baseless'', just wants to grab people's attention: BJP
- Erdogan wants Army under President's control after coup: Turkish official
- Chidambaram rejects Arun Jaitley's remarks on inflation
- Microsoft to cut additional 2,850 jobs from smartphone sector
- Interesting numbers on India's beggar population out! How do Hindus and Muslims fare? - Read