Veteran trade unionist Kishore Pawar passes away
Pune: Veteran socialist and trade union leader Kishore Pawar died in a hospital here Wednesday due to old age-related ailments.
Pawar (86), who had been undergoing treatment for the last one month, was put on ventilator support last night, hospital sources said, adding that he passed away this morning.
Known for his strong commitment to various social causes and trade union issues, Pawar had participated in Hyderabad and Goa freedom struggle as well as the Samyukta Maharashtra movement.
He had close association with veteran socialist leaders like Jayprakash Narain, S M Joshi and N G Goray.
He also organised and led workers and sugarcane growers in the sugar cooperative belt in western Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof