Veteran trade unionist Kishore Pawar passes away
Pune: Veteran socialist and trade union leader Kishore Pawar died in a hospital here Wednesday due to old age-related ailments.
Pawar (86), who had been undergoing treatment for the last one month, was put on ventilator support last night, hospital sources said, adding that he passed away this morning.
Known for his strong commitment to various social causes and trade union issues, Pawar had participated in Hyderabad and Goa freedom struggle as well as the Samyukta Maharashtra movement.
He had close association with veteran socialist leaders like Jayprakash Narain, S M Joshi and N G Goray.
He also organised and led workers and sugarcane growers in the sugar cooperative belt in western Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre