Waiter held for molesting Mumbai-based model
Raipur: A hotel waiter was arrested for allegedly molesting a 25-year-old Mumbai-based model here, police said Monday.
Vijay Kumar Khute (25), who works as a waiter at hotel Simran under Ganj police station limits, was arrested last night after the model lodged a complaint in this connection, a senior police official said.
The model, who is in a relationship with a Raipur-origin businessman staying in Mumbai, was here since last few days for the purpose of their marriage, the official said.
Last night, on finding the woman alone in the parking area of the hotel, Khute allegedly molested and tried to touch her inappropriately following which she raised an alarm and attempted to run away from the spot. The accused also allegedly attacked her, he said.
Hearing her screams, other hotel staff and customers reached the spot and nabbed the accused. Later, a police team rushed to the spot and arrested Khute.
The victim received minor injuries in the scuffle and her condition was stated to be normal, he said.
A case has been registered in this connection, the official said, adding that the interrogation of the accused was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'