Waiter held for molesting Mumbai-based model
Raipur: A hotel waiter was arrested for allegedly molesting a 25-year-old Mumbai-based model here, police said Monday.
Vijay Kumar Khute (25), who works as a waiter at hotel Simran under Ganj police station limits, was arrested last night after the model lodged a complaint in this connection, a senior police official said.
The model, who is in a relationship with a Raipur-origin businessman staying in Mumbai, was here since last few days for the purpose of their marriage, the official said.
Last night, on finding the woman alone in the parking area of the hotel, Khute allegedly molested and tried to touch her inappropriately following which she raised an alarm and attempted to run away from the spot. The accused also allegedly attacked her, he said.
Hearing her screams, other hotel staff and customers reached the spot and nabbed the accused. Later, a police team rushed to the spot and arrested Khute.
The victim received minor injuries in the scuffle and her condition was stated to be normal, he said.
A case has been registered in this connection, the official said, adding that the interrogation of the accused was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!