Waiter held for molesting Mumbai-based model
Raipur: A hotel waiter was arrested for allegedly molesting a 25-year-old Mumbai-based model here, police said Monday.
Vijay Kumar Khute (25), who works as a waiter at hotel Simran under Ganj police station limits, was arrested last night after the model lodged a complaint in this connection, a senior police official said.
The model, who is in a relationship with a Raipur-origin businessman staying in Mumbai, was here since last few days for the purpose of their marriage, the official said.
Last night, on finding the woman alone in the parking area of the hotel, Khute allegedly molested and tried to touch her inappropriately following which she raised an alarm and attempted to run away from the spot. The accused also allegedly attacked her, he said.
Hearing her screams, other hotel staff and customers reached the spot and nabbed the accused. Later, a police team rushed to the spot and arrested Khute.
The victim received minor injuries in the scuffle and her condition was stated to be normal, he said.
A case has been registered in this connection, the official said, adding that the interrogation of the accused was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed