War of words continues as Uddhav accuses Raj of backstabbing Bal Thackeray
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A day after Raj Thackeray targeted Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray, the latter has hit back at the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief, accusing him of backstabbing late Bal Thackeray.
Uddhav, Raj`s estranged cousin, had expressed his views in Shiva Sena`s mouthpiece `Saamna` on Tuesday and asked would a person, who backstabbed his later father Bal Thackeray listen to him, so what`s the point in giving a call.
Shiv Sena chief`s response came after Raj said on Monday that if Uddhav`s party wanted his cooperation, it could have just called for a meeting, and there was no need to make statements like "we are ready to shake hands".
The MNS chief said that former BJP chief Nitin Gadkari also asked him not to field candidates for the Lok Sabha election, but he politely refused.
According to him, both Gadkari and Gopinath Munde later told him that it was Uddhav who was not willing to cooperate with him or accept the MNS in the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance.
Uddhav, who also spoke to a private TV news channel, categorically stated that his joining hands with MNS has nothing to do with this elections, in an apparent reference to latter`s claim that MNS was close to sealing a deal with the BJP ahead of the Lok Sabha polls.
Speaking about his cousin Raj, Uddhav also said, “When he (Raj) quit Shiv Sena, he blamed me. So would he have returned with just a phone call from my side?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family