Water levels in major dams rise in Nashik district
Nashik: Sustained rains have increased water level in Gangapur and Darna dams in Nashik district.
While Gangapur dam has filled 48 per cent at 2710 tmcft (one thousand million cubic feet), darna dam 73 per cent at 5226 tmcft, according to irrigation sources.
The district has received a total 6624.2 mm rains between June 1 and July 17, they said.
Following good rainfall in the catchment areas of 23 major, medium and small water reservoirs in the district, the total water stock till July 18 stands at 16,455 tmcft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding