Woman beats husband to death in Pune
Pune: A 56-year-old man was clubbed to death allegedly by his wife, who was enraged over being suspected of infidelity here, police said on Thursday.
The 45-year-old woman, arrested on Tuesday following the incident at Khadki area here, used a wooden log meant for washing clothes, to beat her husband-Shashikant Pillay-who had returned home in an inebriated state.
According to police, an altercation ensued between the couple after Shashikant started a quarrel with Sarojadevi accusing her of infidelity.
The angry wife then allegedly beat the man blue and black using a wooden rod and pushed him out of the house.
A case of murder was registered with police against Sarojadevi by relatives of the deceased after Shashikant was declared dead by authorities in hospital, where he was rushed to.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000