Woman held at Mumbai airport for smuggling Ketamin
Mumbai: A 41-year-old housewife was arrested from Mumbai international airport for allegedly trying to smuggle out five kg of ketamine drugs worth Rs 50 lakh to Kuala Lumpur, a Customs official said Tuesday.
Gopi Janki, who hails from Chennai, but is currently staying in Thane district, was intercepted last night when she was to board a flight to Kuala Lumpur.
According to Customs, Janki is a regular carrier and in the past also had gone four times to Malaysia.
"The arrested person is a housewife and lives with her family in Chennai. She has been caught with 5kg of Ketamine worth Rs 50 lakh," an officer posted at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport said.
Janki is married and has a son and a daughter. She has been booked under stringent sections of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok