Woman held at Mumbai airport for smuggling Ketamin
Mumbai: A 41-year-old housewife was arrested from Mumbai international airport for allegedly trying to smuggle out five kg of ketamine drugs worth Rs 50 lakh to Kuala Lumpur, a Customs official said Tuesday.
Gopi Janki, who hails from Chennai, but is currently staying in Thane district, was intercepted last night when she was to board a flight to Kuala Lumpur.
According to Customs, Janki is a regular carrier and in the past also had gone four times to Malaysia.
"The arrested person is a housewife and lives with her family in Chennai. She has been caught with 5kg of Ketamine worth Rs 50 lakh," an officer posted at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport said.
Janki is married and has a son and a daughter. She has been booked under stringent sections of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued