Woman held at Mumbai airport for smuggling Ketamin
Mumbai: A 41-year-old housewife was arrested from Mumbai international airport for allegedly trying to smuggle out five kg of ketamine drugs worth Rs 50 lakh to Kuala Lumpur, a Customs official said Tuesday.
Gopi Janki, who hails from Chennai, but is currently staying in Thane district, was intercepted last night when she was to board a flight to Kuala Lumpur.
According to Customs, Janki is a regular carrier and in the past also had gone four times to Malaysia.
"The arrested person is a housewife and lives with her family in Chennai. She has been caught with 5kg of Ketamine worth Rs 50 lakh," an officer posted at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport said.
Janki is married and has a son and a daughter. She has been booked under stringent sections of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof