1984 riots: Fresh NBW issued against Sajjan Kumar
New Delhi: Spelling more trouble for Congress leader Sajjan Kumar, the Karkardooma court here on Tuesday issued a fresh non-bailable warrant against him in connection with the 1984 anti-Sikh riots case.
The court, while issuing the warrant, also came down heavily on the CBI for its apparent lack of seriousness in probing the 1984 anti-Sikh riots cases.
The court further directed the CBI to produce Sajjan Kumar before it on March 08.
As per the court order, Kumar will be now produced in the court by the Senior Superintendent of Police under the supervision of the present CBI director.
The fresh blow to the Congress leader came days after the CBI court rejected the anticipatory bail plea moved by Kumar in the cases relating to 1984 anti-Sikh riots after the prosecution contended that witnesses were apprehensive.
Special CBI judge PS Teji refused to grant any relief to the former MP who has been issued summons for his alleged role in the carnage that followed the assassination of the then prime minister Indira Gandhi.
The court also dismissed similar pleas of six others accused in the cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred