1984 riots: Fresh NBW issued against Sajjan Kumar
New Delhi: Spelling more trouble for Congress leader Sajjan Kumar, the Karkardooma court here on Tuesday issued a fresh non-bailable warrant against him in connection with the 1984 anti-Sikh riots case.
The court, while issuing the warrant, also came down heavily on the CBI for its apparent lack of seriousness in probing the 1984 anti-Sikh riots cases.
The court further directed the CBI to produce Sajjan Kumar before it on March 08.
As per the court order, Kumar will be now produced in the court by the Senior Superintendent of Police under the supervision of the present CBI director.
The fresh blow to the Congress leader came days after the CBI court rejected the anticipatory bail plea moved by Kumar in the cases relating to 1984 anti-Sikh riots after the prosecution contended that witnesses were apprehensive.
Special CBI judge PS Teji refused to grant any relief to the former MP who has been issued summons for his alleged role in the carnage that followed the assassination of the then prime minister Indira Gandhi.
The court also dismissed similar pleas of six others accused in the cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender