26/11 trial in Pak has `not moved at all`: Pillai
New Delhi: The 26/11 trial in Pakistan has
"not moved at all" and faster action by it would have been
welcomed by India, former Home Secretary GK Pillai
said on Thursday.
"We would welcome a much faster action on the 26/11 trial.
It has not moved at all. It is a big concern," Pillai, who
retired recently, said here.
Pillai`s statement came a day after Pakistan Foreign
Minister Hina Rabbanai Khar said that judicial processes take
time and it was in her country`s interest that the trial is
On the issue of the 26/11 trial in Pakistan, Khar had
said, "Trials are a judicial process which take time. It is in
Pakistan`s interest that this trial happens quickly..."
Speaking on the Confidence Building Measures announced to
expand cross-LoC travel and trade in Jammu and Kashmir,
Pillai, who was Commerce Secretary before taking over as the
Home Secretary, said a lot of groundwork still has to be done.
"Trade should help Kashmiris on both the sides of LoC...
products traded should be identified. It has been seen that
many products which are not beneficial to the people are
traded," he said.
Pillai, who was addressing a meet on security in Indian
cities, said the future of security in the country is "bleak"
and cautioned that it would deteriorate if immediate
preventive steps were not taken.
"The future of security in Indian cities is bleak and the
situation is going to deteriorate. We have to make our cities
safe as new types of crimes are coming up. Employment can be a
factor that would help curb the rate by which crimes are
increasing," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- HP's privacy screen secures notebooks from visual hacking
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai receive Khel Ratna award
- Significance of why Lord Shiva wears tiger skin! Read more
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!
- Rajnath Singh to head all-party delegation to Kashmir on September 4