50,000 youth to arrive in Jammu for flag hoisting: BJP
Jammu: BJP on Saturday claimed more than 50,000 youths will arrive in the city to proceed with `Rashtriya Ekta Yatra`, which will culminate on Republic Day after hoisting of the tricolour at Srinagar`s Lal Chowk.
"More than 50,000 youth of the country are reaching to Jammu on January 25 and would proceed to Kashmir to hoist the tricolour in the Valley and no force on earth can stop us from doing so," state BJP President Shamsher Singh Manhas told reporters here today.
"Any misadventure envisaged by the state government would be thwarted and state BJP would see that tricolour unfurls at Lal Chowk," he said.
He also accused Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, who is opposing the BJP`s plan", of having "strong separatist leaning".
His views were supported by national executive member Nirmal Singh and MLA Ashok Khajuria, who said the party is firm to hoist the tricolour at Lal Chowk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?