63 special trains for Puri Rath Yatra
Bhubaneswar: In view of massive inflow
of pilgrims during the Rath Yatra, the East Coast Railway has
decided to arranged for 63 special trains to Puri during the
The special trains would run from different parts of
Orissa, West Bengal and Andhra Pradesh in addition to the
existing trains coming to Puri, said Sanjib Garg, Divisional
Railway Manager, Khurda Road.
Special trains will also run to and from Puri to clear
extra rush on the occasion of other related festivals like
Sandhya Darshan, Bahuda Yatra and Sunabesa.
Apart from this, 14 trains have been diverted and
extended to Puri irrespective of their destination stations.
Highlighting arrangements by Railways during Rath Yatra
Festival, Garg said East Coast Railway has decided to open 25
ticket booking counters for unreserved tickets round the clock
from July 13 to 15 and from July 20 to 22 and in peak hours
during Rath Yatra period including three reservation counters.
Additional ticket counters are to be opened at major
stations of Orissa, he said adding people should buy genuine
tickets from railway counters to avoid inconvenience en route.
Security has been strengthened with deployment of
additional RPF staff, including women, at Puri and other major
stations and trains. Sniffer dog, bomb detection squad and
hand held metal detectors are also being arranged, Garg said.
Ambulance, First Aid facility and round the clock
availability of doctors and nurses are being arranged at Puri.
Help Line numbers, 06752-232518 and 232519, will also
be arranged for assistance of passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok