66-yr-old woman found murdered in Central Delhi
New Delhi: An elderly woman was found dead and her residence ransacked in West Patel Nagar area of Central Delhi this evening, police said.
66-year-old Savitri Devi was allegedly murdered when she was alone at home, they said, adding, robbery could be the motive behind the crime.
The incident came to light around 8 PM when Devi found dead by her daughter-in-law upon her return from the market. It seems that the woman was killed around 7 PM when she was alone at home. The entry of the accused into the house did not seem forced, a police official said.
A case of murder has been registered and further investigation is on. Police is questioning family members and neighbours and examining CCTV footage of the area, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read