66-yr-old woman found murdered in Central Delhi
New Delhi: An elderly woman was found dead and her residence ransacked in West Patel Nagar area of Central Delhi this evening, police said.
66-year-old Savitri Devi was allegedly murdered when she was alone at home, they said, adding, robbery could be the motive behind the crime.
The incident came to light around 8 PM when Devi found dead by her daughter-in-law upon her return from the market. It seems that the woman was killed around 7 PM when she was alone at home. The entry of the accused into the house did not seem forced, a police official said.
A case of murder has been registered and further investigation is on. Police is questioning family members and neighbours and examining CCTV footage of the area, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore