66-yr-old woman found murdered in Central Delhi
New Delhi: An elderly woman was found dead and her residence ransacked in West Patel Nagar area of Central Delhi this evening, police said.
66-year-old Savitri Devi was allegedly murdered when she was alone at home, they said, adding, robbery could be the motive behind the crime.
The incident came to light around 8 PM when Devi found dead by her daughter-in-law upon her return from the market. It seems that the woman was killed around 7 PM when she was alone at home. The entry of the accused into the house did not seem forced, a police official said.
A case of murder has been registered and further investigation is on. Police is questioning family members and neighbours and examining CCTV footage of the area, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened