80 rpts of Law Commission pending with ministries
New Delhi: Eighty reports of the Law Commission, which advises government on complex legal issues, are pending with various Union ministries and departments with one of them awaiting a decision for the past 53 years.
The Commission has so far submitted 236 reports to the Law Ministry which has in turn processed the documents and forwarded these to the concerned ministries for
According to figures available with the Law Ministry, a total of 156 reports have been implemented while two fresh reports - `Conversion/reconversion to another religion: The mode of proof` and `Court fee in Supreme Court vis-a-vis
corporate litigation` - were tabled in Parliament during the recently-concluded Monsoon Session.
Law Commission`s report number 13 on Contract Act, 1872 is pending with the Legislative Department of the Law Ministry since September 26, 1958.
The report was forwarded to the state governments and Union Territories for their comments. But Andhra Pradesh and Puducherry have not yet responded.
The Law Ministry had sent them fresh reminders to respond on February 28, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145