80 rpts of Law Commission pending with ministries
New Delhi: Eighty reports of the Law Commission, which advises government on complex legal issues, are pending with various Union ministries and departments with one of them awaiting a decision for the past 53 years.
The Commission has so far submitted 236 reports to the Law Ministry which has in turn processed the documents and forwarded these to the concerned ministries for
According to figures available with the Law Ministry, a total of 156 reports have been implemented while two fresh reports - `Conversion/reconversion to another religion: The mode of proof` and `Court fee in Supreme Court vis-a-vis
corporate litigation` - were tabled in Parliament during the recently-concluded Monsoon Session.
Law Commission`s report number 13 on Contract Act, 1872 is pending with the Legislative Department of the Law Ministry since September 26, 1958.
The report was forwarded to the state governments and Union Territories for their comments. But Andhra Pradesh and Puducherry have not yet responded.
The Law Ministry had sent them fresh reminders to respond on February 28, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off