80 rpts of Law Commission pending with ministries
New Delhi: Eighty reports of the Law Commission, which advises government on complex legal issues, are pending with various Union ministries and departments with one of them awaiting a decision for the past 53 years.
The Commission has so far submitted 236 reports to the Law Ministry which has in turn processed the documents and forwarded these to the concerned ministries for
According to figures available with the Law Ministry, a total of 156 reports have been implemented while two fresh reports - `Conversion/reconversion to another religion: The mode of proof` and `Court fee in Supreme Court vis-a-vis
corporate litigation` - were tabled in Parliament during the recently-concluded Monsoon Session.
Law Commission`s report number 13 on Contract Act, 1872 is pending with the Legislative Department of the Law Ministry since September 26, 1958.
The report was forwarded to the state governments and Union Territories for their comments. But Andhra Pradesh and Puducherry have not yet responded.
The Law Ministry had sent them fresh reminders to respond on February 28, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!