80 rpts of Law Commission pending with ministries
New Delhi: Eighty reports of the Law Commission, which advises government on complex legal issues, are pending with various Union ministries and departments with one of them awaiting a decision for the past 53 years.
The Commission has so far submitted 236 reports to the Law Ministry which has in turn processed the documents and forwarded these to the concerned ministries for
According to figures available with the Law Ministry, a total of 156 reports have been implemented while two fresh reports - `Conversion/reconversion to another religion: The mode of proof` and `Court fee in Supreme Court vis-a-vis
corporate litigation` - were tabled in Parliament during the recently-concluded Monsoon Session.
Law Commission`s report number 13 on Contract Act, 1872 is pending with the Legislative Department of the Law Ministry since September 26, 1958.
The report was forwarded to the state governments and Union Territories for their comments. But Andhra Pradesh and Puducherry have not yet responded.
The Law Ministry had sent them fresh reminders to respond on February 28, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video