80 rpts of Law Commission pending with ministries
New Delhi: Eighty reports of the Law Commission, which advises government on complex legal issues, are pending with various Union ministries and departments with one of them awaiting a decision for the past 53 years.
The Commission has so far submitted 236 reports to the Law Ministry which has in turn processed the documents and forwarded these to the concerned ministries for
According to figures available with the Law Ministry, a total of 156 reports have been implemented while two fresh reports - `Conversion/reconversion to another religion: The mode of proof` and `Court fee in Supreme Court vis-a-vis
corporate litigation` - were tabled in Parliament during the recently-concluded Monsoon Session.
Law Commission`s report number 13 on Contract Act, 1872 is pending with the Legislative Department of the Law Ministry since September 26, 1958.
The report was forwarded to the state governments and Union Territories for their comments. But Andhra Pradesh and Puducherry have not yet responded.
The Law Ministry had sent them fresh reminders to respond on February 28, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Jibe at Subramanian Swamy? Arun Jaitley says he disapproves of personal attack on Raghuram Rajan
- IPL 2016 Final: Tickets sold out in 2 hours
- Two years of Modi govt: Hope has replaced hopelessness under NDA rule, says PM
- Assam Board SEBA Class 10th Examination Results 2016: SEBA HSLC Results 2016, Assam HSLC Result 2016 to be declared on May 31
- BJP's Assam MLA Angoorlata Deka's viral 'picture': You will be SHOCKED to know the truth!