Aarushi case: SC to hear Nupur Talwar`s bail plea today
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday will hear a petition by Nupur Talwar seeking bail in the double murder of her daughter Aarushi and the family`s domestic help Hemraj in 2008.
The apex court had last month issued a notice to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) after senior counsel Mukul Rohatgi contended that Nupur Talwar had been in custody for the last three months and there was no reason for her continued incarceration.
Rohatgi told the bench of Justice AK Patnaik and Justice JS Khehar that Nupur Talwar had challenged the closure report filed by the CBI in the twin murders and this made it evident that she had no intention to sweep under the carpet anything relating to the crime.
The senior counsel told the court that Nupur Talwar`s passport was with the trial court, thus, she won`t run away.
Nupur Talwar has challenged the May 31 Allahabad High Court order rejecting her plea for bail. She was taken into custody April 30 and is lodged in Dasna jail in Ghaziabad district since then.
A CBI special court framed charges against the Aarushi`s parents and dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar in the double murder case.
A CBI court charged the Talwars under sections 302/34 (murder with common intention) and 201 (destruction of evidence with common intention) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
In addition, the court charged Rajesh Talwar under section 203 (giving false information in respect of an offence committed) of the IPC.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of the family`s domestic help Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
The apex court would next hear the case Aug 6.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi