Abu Jundal`s discharge application rejected by Nashik court
Nashik: A local court on Monday rejected an application filed by suspected LeT operative and 26/11 Mumbai attacks conspirator Sayad Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal, seeking discharge from the Maharashtra Police Academy attack conspiracy case.
Sessions Judge K K Tantrapale rejected Jundal`s plea, special prosecutor Ajay Misar told reporters.
Bilal Shaikh, Himayat Baig and Abu Jundal have been arrested in the case. Baig was sentenced to death in Pune`s German Bakery blast case last week.
Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad earlier this month filed chargesheet in the present case, which relates to an alleged plot to attack Maharashtra Police Academy here in 2010.
Misar argued before the court that Jundal was actively involved in the conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery