Advani slams dragging Vajpayee`s name in 2G scam
Belgaum/Bijapur: BJP leader LK Advani on Wednesday accused the UPA government of trying to drag the name of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee in the 2G spectrum issue to "divert" the investigation and said it was an "irony" that his name had appeared in the draft JPC report.
Addressing election rallies in the second leg of his tour for the May 5 Karnataka assembly polls at Savadatti and Indi in north Karnataka, he said "it is an irony that Atalji’s name has appeared in the (Joint Parliamentary Committee draft) report".
He said it was a clear indication that the JPC chairman was "maligning Atalji and BJP`s name with vested interest" and termed it as a "political vendetta".
Alleging that the UPA government was involved in various scandals, he said the 2G scam was a big one and attempt to involve Vajpayee`s name was condemnable. He said BJP had decided to discuss it in Parliament.
Apparently seeking to pacify an angry BJP, JPC chief P C Chacko had dismissed reports that the panel has named Vajpayee in its draft report in the 2G scam. The panel has given a clean chit to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
In his meeting at Savadatti in Belgaum district, Advani claimed that from Jawaharlal Nehru to Manmohan Singh, the best Prime Minister India had ever seen was Vajpayee.
He said NDA under the leadership of Vajpayee had given many welfare and infrastructure development schemes and there were no allegations of corruption.
Advani also said BJP never had and never would compromise on corruption. At Indi in Bijapur district, Advani said though Manmohan Singh was Prime Minister, he had no power. H D Deve Gowda, I K Gujral and Chandrashekhar were PMs for some time but they discharged full power, he said.
Advani claimed Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar had done good work and asked the electorate to strengthen his hands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof