Afzal Guru hanging no time for politics: RPN Singh
New Delhi: The hanging of parliament attack convict Afzal Guru is not a time for politics but calm and sobriety, Minister of State for Home RPN Singh said Saturday.
"Afzal Guru was hanged this (Saturday) morning. This is not a time for politics but calm, restraint and sobriety," RPN Singh said on the microblogging site Twitter.
Afzal Guru was convicted for his role in the attack on Parliament in 2001. He was hanged Saturday morning in Tihar jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?