AIADMK raises fishermen issue in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: An AIADMK member on Monday demanded in the Lok Sabha that the Centre should act to secure immediate release of fishermen arrested by Sri Lankan authorities and take steps to ensure that such incidents do not recur.
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, C Rajendran said that fishermen from Tamil Nadu are coming under the attack of Lankan Navy.
Rajendran urged the Centre to immediately take steps to ensure the release of about 16 fishermen arrested by Sri Lanka.
The government should immediately start discussions with Sri Lankan government so that such incidents does not happen again, he added.
Congress member Viswanathan Perumal urged the Centre to come up with a subsidy for tea growers, who have been affected by drought.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley