AIADMK raises fishermen issue in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: An AIADMK member on Monday demanded in the Lok Sabha that the Centre should act to secure immediate release of fishermen arrested by Sri Lankan authorities and take steps to ensure that such incidents do not recur.
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, C Rajendran said that fishermen from Tamil Nadu are coming under the attack of Lankan Navy.
Rajendran urged the Centre to immediately take steps to ensure the release of about 16 fishermen arrested by Sri Lanka.
The government should immediately start discussions with Sri Lankan government so that such incidents does not happen again, he added.
Congress member Viswanathan Perumal urged the Centre to come up with a subsidy for tea growers, who have been affected by drought.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble