AIADMK raises fishermen issue in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: An AIADMK member on Monday demanded in the Lok Sabha that the Centre should act to secure immediate release of fishermen arrested by Sri Lankan authorities and take steps to ensure that such incidents do not recur.
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, C Rajendran said that fishermen from Tamil Nadu are coming under the attack of Lankan Navy.
Rajendran urged the Centre to immediately take steps to ensure the release of about 16 fishermen arrested by Sri Lanka.
The government should immediately start discussions with Sri Lankan government so that such incidents does not happen again, he added.
Congress member Viswanathan Perumal urged the Centre to come up with a subsidy for tea growers, who have been affected by drought.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference