AIADMK raises fishermen issue in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: An AIADMK member on Monday demanded in the Lok Sabha that the Centre should act to secure immediate release of fishermen arrested by Sri Lankan authorities and take steps to ensure that such incidents do not recur.
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, C Rajendran said that fishermen from Tamil Nadu are coming under the attack of Lankan Navy.
Rajendran urged the Centre to immediately take steps to ensure the release of about 16 fishermen arrested by Sri Lanka.
The government should immediately start discussions with Sri Lankan government so that such incidents does not happen again, he added.
Congress member Viswanathan Perumal urged the Centre to come up with a subsidy for tea growers, who have been affected by drought.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral