AIADMK raises fishermen issue in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: An AIADMK member on Monday demanded in the Lok Sabha that the Centre should act to secure immediate release of fishermen arrested by Sri Lankan authorities and take steps to ensure that such incidents do not recur.
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, C Rajendran said that fishermen from Tamil Nadu are coming under the attack of Lankan Navy.
Rajendran urged the Centre to immediately take steps to ensure the release of about 16 fishermen arrested by Sri Lanka.
The government should immediately start discussions with Sri Lankan government so that such incidents does not happen again, he added.
Congress member Viswanathan Perumal urged the Centre to come up with a subsidy for tea growers, who have been affected by drought.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS