Airport security being beefed up
New Delhi: Days after an attempted attack on
board a Detroit-bound American plane, security at Indian
airports is being beefed up with the Bureau of Civil Aviation
Security (BCAS) deciding to have a re-look at the present
systems and regulations.
In view of the failed attempt to blow up the Northwest
Airlines plane, "we are having a re-look at the entire gamut
of security systems which are already in place," official
While the entire security apparatus at airports and all
related installations is already on high alert, "we have asked
them to be more vigilant and extra careful," they said.
"In case we find any changes or improvements are required,
these will be made and implemented immediately," they said.
International airports from South Korea to Paris have
ramped up security leading to long queues and inconvenience to
passengers, mostly holiday travellers.
Airlines managed to keep the disruptions and delays to a
minimum though, by giving many travellers advance warning of
the new security measures.
Carriers in the US and Europe were asking passengers
to carry only one hand baggage and arrive at airports early
for additional security checks.
New regulations like disallowing passengers to get up from
their seats an hour before landing are also being implemented
by some airlines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray