Airport security being beefed up
New Delhi: Days after an attempted attack on
board a Detroit-bound American plane, security at Indian
airports is being beefed up with the Bureau of Civil Aviation
Security (BCAS) deciding to have a re-look at the present
systems and regulations.
In view of the failed attempt to blow up the Northwest
Airlines plane, "we are having a re-look at the entire gamut
of security systems which are already in place," official
While the entire security apparatus at airports and all
related installations is already on high alert, "we have asked
them to be more vigilant and extra careful," they said.
"In case we find any changes or improvements are required,
these will be made and implemented immediately," they said.
International airports from South Korea to Paris have
ramped up security leading to long queues and inconvenience to
passengers, mostly holiday travellers.
Airlines managed to keep the disruptions and delays to a
minimum though, by giving many travellers advance warning of
the new security measures.
Carriers in the US and Europe were asking passengers
to carry only one hand baggage and arrive at airports early
for additional security checks.
New regulations like disallowing passengers to get up from
their seats an hour before landing are also being implemented
by some airlines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital