Airport security being beefed up
New Delhi: Days after an attempted attack on
board a Detroit-bound American plane, security at Indian
airports is being beefed up with the Bureau of Civil Aviation
Security (BCAS) deciding to have a re-look at the present
systems and regulations.
In view of the failed attempt to blow up the Northwest
Airlines plane, "we are having a re-look at the entire gamut
of security systems which are already in place," official
While the entire security apparatus at airports and all
related installations is already on high alert, "we have asked
them to be more vigilant and extra careful," they said.
"In case we find any changes or improvements are required,
these will be made and implemented immediately," they said.
International airports from South Korea to Paris have
ramped up security leading to long queues and inconvenience to
passengers, mostly holiday travellers.
Airlines managed to keep the disruptions and delays to a
minimum though, by giving many travellers advance warning of
the new security measures.
Carriers in the US and Europe were asking passengers
to carry only one hand baggage and arrive at airports early
for additional security checks.
New regulations like disallowing passengers to get up from
their seats an hour before landing are also being implemented
by some airlines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened