Ajmer blast accused Aseemanand sent to jail
Ajmer: A local court here remanded the Ajmer dargah bomb blast accused Aseemanand in judicial custody till February 15 following which he was sent to Ajmer central jail.
The state ATS produced Aseemanand (59), a right-wing
Hindu group Abhinav Bharat member, and another accused
Bharat Bhai to the court of Ajmer Judicial Magistrate which
sent Aseemanand to jail and extended Bharat`s judicial custody
till February 18.
The ATS said that Bharat Bhai has worked in Dubai and
it is suspected that he had financed the blast.
ATS Additional SP Satyendra Singh said that the
details were being verified and details of his bank accounts
and properties were also accessed.
Bharat was arrested on February 4 from Gujarat in
connection with the blast.
A blast took place at the dargah of Khawaja Moinuddin
Chishti in Ajmer in 2007 in which three persons died and 15
others were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush
- Waterlogging in Gurgaon hits Dehi-Jaipur route
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump wants US to `fear the future`
- Look what Karisma Kapoor has to say about sister Kareena Kapoor Khan’s baby
- Libya forces `retake` Benghazi district from jihadists