Ajmer blast accused Aseemanand sent to jail
Ajmer: A local court here remanded the Ajmer dargah bomb blast accused Aseemanand in judicial custody till February 15 following which he was sent to Ajmer central jail.
The state ATS produced Aseemanand (59), a right-wing
Hindu group Abhinav Bharat member, and another accused
Bharat Bhai to the court of Ajmer Judicial Magistrate which
sent Aseemanand to jail and extended Bharat`s judicial custody
till February 18.
The ATS said that Bharat Bhai has worked in Dubai and
it is suspected that he had financed the blast.
ATS Additional SP Satyendra Singh said that the
details were being verified and details of his bank accounts
and properties were also accessed.
Bharat was arrested on February 4 from Gujarat in
connection with the blast.
A blast took place at the dargah of Khawaja Moinuddin
Chishti in Ajmer in 2007 in which three persons died and 15
others were injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India